02 November 2006

Story: Beginning Part 2

[[Continuity Note: This takes place after some sort of more coherent beginning that I will think about later]]

"Damien!" Alf called to his best friend as soon as he stepped through the front gates.

The red-haired teen was waiting for him by their usual tree.  "Good weekend?" he asked.

"Great," Alf replied, though he'd done nothing all weekend save work on an English essay.

"Are you still on for the footy this weekend?"

Alf grinned.  "Definitely.  Lions vs. the Bears... grudge match of the century."

"I hope you realise I got us tickets on the Bears' side."

Alf rolled his eyes.  "You always do.  I've gotten used to the debris."

"You could actually try going for the right team for once," Damien nodded.  "I have to pretend I don't know you, and still get hit sometimes."

Alf laughed.  "That's because Bears fans have poor aim."

Damien punched his friend half-heartedly, and they went into class together.

"Remind me my mum's picking me up this arvo.  I've gotta go to the dentist," Alf made a face.

"Okay."

-=-=-=-=-=-

After school, Alf waited for his mother in the school's parking lot.  All of the older students had already taken their cars, and there were only a few belonging to dedicated teachers left by that point, and some of the administration staff.  His mother should have been there by now.  It was times like these when Alf really wished he had a mobile phone.  But school policy said they weren't to have them, and his parents always followed school policy.

"G'day Alfalfa," a voice greeted him

Or maybe not all of the seniors had left yet.

"Rock," Alf nodded in greeting, trying not to show his exasperation.  Rock was a bully, through and through.  He'd always picked on Alf.  'Alfalfa' and 'Sprout' were his favourite nicknames for Alf.

[[And I think this isn't going well, because I'm so lazy that that's where I'm going to stop.]]