04 November 2006

Story: Middle Part 1

[[Continuity Note: Despite the fact that this is the beginning of the
middle, we still pick up exactly where we left off. Hooray for us.]]

"I'm sorry to have to do this to you," Mr Struthers said. "But I can't let
you go to that football game with Damien anymore."

"But dad!" Alf quickly turned to look at his father. "What? But I didn't
even get the chance to do it!"

"Well this will teach you to think twice before doing something so stupid."

Alf decided that it was probably best not to tell his parents that he spent
a very long time deciding to do it.

-=-=-=-=-=-

It was not a happy Alf that met up with Damien the next day.

Damien wanted to know all about what had happened after he'd been caught.

"I'm not allowed to go to the footy anymore," Alf told his friend solemnly.

"What? But you didn't even do anything."

"I know," Alf said. "But apparently the fact that I was going to was good
enough."

"That really sucks, man," Damien frowned. "Now who am I going to get to go
with me? Now you owe me one."

"You wanna know something really strange?" Alf asked his friend.

"What?"

"Did you hear about Rock's pants falling down yesterday?"

"Yeah. But how did you?"

"I was going to the principal's office when it happened. The thing is,
though, Damien. I was the one who did it?"

"You?" Damien looked at his friend sceptically. "But everyone said it just
happened."

"It's, really odd," Alf said, looking at his friend. He was surprised to
see that Damien was looking at him with malice. "What?"

"If you didn't want to go to the game you could have just told me. You
didn't have to pretend that you wanted to go, then get grounded."

"What?" Alf was incredulous. "I do want to go to the game."

"Then why are you making this crap up? So Rock's pants fell down. Why are
you saying that you did it?"

"Because I did!" Alf yelled, calling attention to him from all over the
playground. "I have these magical powers. I'll prove it to you."

Alf stared at Damien, willing his pants to fall, too. But nothing happened.

"Yeah, right," Damien frowned. "See you around, loser," he called, before
walking away. "Have fun with your new best friend Rock."

[[mmm... lunch time.]]